Sources & Definitions
A person whose self-identity is the same as gender they were assigned at birth; not transgender
Giving everyone what they need to be successful; (Equality is treating everyone the same)
Gender Pay Gap
Women in the U.S. make significantly less than men in almost every profession even when they are doing the same job
“Hispanic” is used in census data to represent Hispanic and Latinx populations
Stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer
Social marginalization happens when a group of people are denied equal and adequate opportunity to determine their treatment by the members of the broader society. It usually includes the lack of representation, recognition of rights and equal redistribution of resources and services
Approved by a governing body
Websites and Online Resources
- The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap. AAUW: Empowering Women Since 1881.
- White House Council on Women and Girls. The White House.
- Render, Meredith. The Man, the State and You: The Role in Regulating Gender Hierarchies. Washington College of Law.
- Friedan, Betty. Statement of Purpose. National Organization for Women.
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. National Women’s Law Center.
- Rampell, Catherine. Why Women are Far More Likely to Vote Than Men. The Washington Post.
- Roe v. Wade - Case Brief Summary. Lawnix Free Case Briefs RSS.
- Domestic Violence. WomensLaw.org.
- Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the U.S.: 2013. United States Census Bureau.
- Data on Poverty and Income. National Women’s Law Center.
- Social Security Programs in the United States. Social Security Administration.
- Bruner, Charles, and Michael Crawford, and Anne Discher. Women, Work, and Poverty: the 21st Century Challenge. Child and Family Policy Center.
- EITC, Earned Income Tax Credit, Question and Answers. IRS.
- Family and Medical Leave Act. United States Department of Labor.
- Minnesota Women’s Economic Security Agenda.
- Minnesota Women’s Legislative Timeline. Minnesota Legislative Reference Library.
- The Equal Rights Amendment in the States. Ratification Map.
- Sun, Amy. Equality is Not Enough: What the Classroom Taught Me About Justice. Everyday Feminism.
- Seager, Joni & Olson, Ann. Women in the World: An International Atlas. The University of Tennessee, Chattanooga.
- Gender Equality Explorer. Women’s Foundation of Minnesota.
- Status of Women and Girls in Minnesota. Women’s Foundation of Minnesota.
- Definitions of Poverty. United States Census.